- WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE
"Special Needs-The Long Journey"
The workshop offers an insight and support in relation to issues related to having a child with special needs. It aims to provide both parents and professionals with skills to help them through what will be "the long journey" including:
- The start of the journey following diagnosis
- Some of the possible issues relating to having special needs child and possible strategies to assist.
- The way forward as the child grows older.
"Special Needs & Puberty-Ready or Not, Here It Comes"
This workshop aims to explore the issues faced by children/teenagers with special needs and the people around them when the child/teenager is going through puberty. This includes:
- Identifying some of the characteristics of puberty that have a massive impact upon children/teenagers with special needs.
- Provide some understanding in relation to anger management as a teenagers.
- Look at practical approaches towards inappropriate sexualised behaviour.
"A very direct session not covering things up or shunning issues. I will certainly now spend more time discussing growing up with my son."
Other Workshops and Trainings include:
- "Autism-Working with it, not against it"
- "Becoming and adult-Transition in Special Needs"
- Toilet Training-Beating the toilet monster"
- "Becoming your own Supernanny-Dealing with behaviour"
- "Just a few more minutes-Getting more sleep.
SPECIAL HELP 4 SPECIAL NEEDS TRAINING
"Dealing with those special moment"
A toolkit of essential skills"
A series of five morning workshops
aimed at providing
Parents and carers of children with
Special needs including autism, Asperger's syndrome & ADHD with ideas and new skills.
The Workshops will cover:
Managing Behaviours 3rd February
Obsessions and Anxiety 17th March
Puberty 28th April
Keeping Your Child Safe 19th May
Transition and Employment 16th June
Sleep Difficulties & Toilet Training 14th July
10am to 2pm in Whyteleafe,Surrey.
Contact us direct to book , or download our form
£20 Parents/Carers £40 Professionals
KEEPING SAFE COURSE FOR YOUNG ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
NEW FOR 2017
Please contact us for details and a booking form